Gold Rush 2018
Location: Westminster Park – 4000 India Hook Rd, Rock Hill, SC 29732
Note: please do not attempt to register using the registration form on the website – registration requests should be emailed to Jeremiah.
Friday October 26
- 4-7 PM – Check-in (If Camping Friday night) –
- To keep traffic flowing please drive to the site, drop off your gear, and go park immediately. After parking you may set up camp.
- No dinner provided – suggest eating on the way to camp!
- 10 PM – Quiet Time
Saturday October 27
- 8 AM – 9 AM Hot Breakfast
- 9 AM – 11:30 AM Day-of Check-in
- 9 AM – 10:30 AM Game Set up – Bear Den setting up the “Bear Foot Race”
- 11 AM – 1 PM Light Lunch provided
- Courtney’s BBQ Food Truck also available for purchase
- 1 PM – 3 PM GOLD RUSH – Fun and Games
- 3 PM – 5 PM Free Time / Den Activities
- 5 PM – 7 PM Pack Dinner
- 7:15 PM – 8:30 PM Campfire (Includes Bobcat award ceremony)
- 10 PM – Quiet Time
Sunday October 28,
- 8 AM – 9 AM Cold Breakfast
- 10 AM – 11 AM Scout Service
- 11 AM – Noon Packup / Exit Camp
Please print and fill out the BSA Medical Form for every participant attending the activity.
What to bring
- Camping Gear
- Tent, Sleeping Bags, Pillows, Foam/Air Mattress, Hammer/Stakes/Rope, Tarp, camping chairs!
- Flashlight / Lantern
- Cool Clothes / Warm Clothes / Rain Gear
- Closed Toe Shoes (no sandals, shoes must be worn at all times!)
- Class A Uniform & Class B Pack T-Shirt
- Water (one gallon per person – no running water at camp!)
- Tooth Brush/paste, soap, washcloth
- Bug Spray / Sunblock
- Camp Stove / Grill (to help us cook meals)
- Toilet Paper / Hand Sanitizer / Disinfecting Wipes (port-o-poties – you do the math)
- Please be patient with the event staff and follow instructions. Especially when it comes to vehicle flow and parking.
- No guns / explosives / firearms allowed!
- Knives only allowed for Bear age and above youth and only if they’ve earned thir whittling chip card.
- No alcohol / tobacco products / illegal drugs!
- No fires on the ground – only raised fire bowls are allowed.